FIRST OF ALL
Stay calm, this will be key to success
Be nice, stay with the person until its over
1. Pay attention to the length of the seizure. Most seizures only last a few minutes
2. Move nearby objects to prevent any injury
3. Turn the person laying down to the side
4. NEVER NEVER NEVER put anything in the person's mouth!!!!
5. Make sure breathing is okay
6. Do not give water or pills until the person is fully alert
Call for emergency IF
A seizure lasts 5 minutes or longer.
One seizure occurs right after another without the person regaining consciousness or coming to between seizures.
Breathing becomes difficult or the person appears to be choking.
Injury may have occurred.
The person asks for medical help.